The line between drug or alcohol use and drug or alcohol addiction can oftentimes become blurred. In many cases, an individual engages in casual or social use of a substance and does not realize that the habit has evolved into serious addiction.
If you think you may be struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, take this self-assessment quiz to help gauge whether your drug or alcohol use has become detrimental. Our 90-day treatment program is completely dedicated to addiction recovery and attaining life-long sobriety.
- Has drug or alcohol use created problems in my personal relationships?
- Have I found myself neglecting responsibilities (such as financial, family or professional) because of drug or alcohol use?
- Do I find myself unable to function normally throughout the day without consuming alcohol or using drugs?
- Do I find it difficult to stop at just one drink? Does it seem like one drink always turns into 10?
- Do I feel physically ill – such as insomnia, shakiness, nausea, etc. – when I try to abstain from drinking alcohol or using drugs?
- Have I ever engaged in illegal activity to obtain drugs or alcohol or broken the law while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Have you experienced professional issues as a result of drug or alcohol use (e.g. suspended from work, fired from a position, reprimanded by a supervisor, etc.)?
- Have you sworn off drugs or alcohol in the past because of negative consequences only to find yourself engaging in the same type of substance abuse shortly thereafter?
- Have I lost interest in activities I used to love and only find “enjoyment” or “completion” when using drugs or alcohol instead?
- Do I experience frequent memory blackouts as a result of drinking or drug use?
- Do intense drug or alcohol cravings make it difficult to focus on my day-to-day tasks?
- Does my alcohol or drug use put myself or others in danger?
- Do I feel I like I don’t have control over my life unless I am drinking or using drugs?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may have a drug or alcohol addiction. Learn more about our Boulder drug treatment program, or contact us at 720-577-4422 or email@example.com to get help today.