We’ve closely monitored the spread of COVID-19 throughout the United States over the past several weeks and at the direction of medical experts, put into place additional processes to ensure client safety, education around this virus, as well as increased hygiene of our staff, clients and facilities. With the daily evolution of COVID-19, we are taking additional steps in an abundance of caution. In the interest of our clients, staff, families and local community, we are proceeding with the cancellation of the following events and activities:
- All on-campus visitation for families, sponsors, friends, and other community entities until further notice. This applies to all our facilities.
- All outside 12-Step meetings are canceled until further notice. In-house meetings will be provided by our staff.
- Some outdoor activities in populated areas will be canceled. Choice House will continue to provide low-risk outdoor activities to our men.
- March Family Program at Choice House, originally scheduled for the 27th – 29th of this month will be canceled. Our clinical team will provide therapy, and support our families via phone and computer.
- Professional visits, and visits from vendors to our campuses, will be canceled until further notice.
In addition to these steps Choice House has taken the following actions:
- We are carefully screening all incoming clients which include questions around recent travel, any known symptoms, and at-risk family members. Anyone deemed a potential risk to the Choice House community will not be admitted to our facilities.
- We’ve implemented a screening process for any Choice House client or staff member who has encountered an infected individual or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, this includes providing access to testing for the virus.
- In the event we have a resident or staff member who’s been exposed to or has been in recent contact with an infected individual, or a client or staff member who has symptoms of the illness or is positive for COVID-19, Choice House has developed protocols that will go into effect immediately.
During this time the Choice House community will continue to engage in life. We will continue to pursue connection, recovery and the activities that bring our community meaning, happiness and tranquility. We will remain open, providing care to our clients, and will be in frequent communication with all authorized external parties involved in a client’s care. We will continue to communicate with appropriate officials and health experts as we closely monitor the evolving situation.